Fagradalsfjall Volcano - Helicopter Tour from Reykjavik
Take off from Reykjavik and fly to the Fagradalsfjall volcano area on the Reykjanes Peninsula. Seeing this natural wonder with your own eyes is truly remarkable and one of the things you must do if you are in Iceland.
The 2021 eruption started on March 19th and lasted for six months, creating a large lava plateau and numerous craters. The eruption was the first eruption on the Reykjanes Peninsula since the 14th century and follows three weeks of over 50.000 earthquakes in the area.
On August 3rd, 2022 a new eruption started and a new crater started forming and new lava got added to the already extensive lava plateau.
On this flight, you get to explore the area from the air, get a bird's eye view of the area, see all the beautiful colors, and massive size of the craters, and enjoy the surrounding scenery.
The total duration of the tour is approx. 40 minutes. Please note that there is no landing at the eruption site but we will give you the best viewing experience from the air.
- The volcano is a natural wonder and we cannot guarantee visible lava at the time of your tour. There has not been any visible activity at the site since August 2022 but we never know when things might start up again.
- There is a 4 person minimum passenger requirement.
- If you can't find your desired departure time or are a larger group (+5) please contact us at email@example.com
- All our flights are weather dependent and we have to abide by the rules and regulations set in place by the Department of Civil Protection and Emergency Management. If we have to cancel your flight due to weather or other factors out of our control, we will try to reschedule your flight or give you a full refund.
- Due to the nature of the flight, we can not accommodate children under the age of 2 years old on this tour. Exceptions can be discussed for private tours.