Reykjanes Volcano Area - Helicopter Tour from Reykjavik
Take off from Reykjavik we fly toward the 2024 eruption site that started on February 8, and witness the newest eruption site in Iceland. Seeing this natural wonder with your own eyes is truly remarkable and one of the things you must do if you are in Iceland.
The Reykjanes Peninsula started to erupt on March 19th, 2021, and lasted six months, creating a large lava plateau and numerous craters. This eruption was the first eruption on the Reykjanes Peninsula since the 14th century and followed three weeks of over 50.000 earthquakes in the area.
On August 3rd, 2022, a new eruption started when a new crater formed and new lava was added to the already extensive lava plateau.
On July 10th, 2023, the third eruption in this chain of events started forming and new lava was added to the extensive lava plateau.
On December 18th, 2023, the fourth eruption in this chain of events started stronger than any one of the previous eruptions from 2021, and new lava was added to the extensive lava plateau.
On this flight, you get to explore the area from the air with the bird's eye view, see all the beautiful colors, and massive size of the craters, and enjoy the surrounding scenery.
The total duration of the tour is approx. 60 minutes. Please note that there is no landing at the eruption site, but we will give you the best viewing experience from the air.
- The volcano is a natural wonder and we cannot guarantee visible lava at the time of your tour.
- There is a 4-person minimum passenger requirement.
- If you can't find your desired departure time or are a larger group (+5) please contact us at email@example.com
- All our flights are weather dependent and we have to abide by the rules and regulations set in place by the Department of Civil Protection and Emergency Management. If we have to cancel your flight due to weather or other factors out of our control, we will try to reschedule your flight or give you a full refund.
- Due to the nature of the flight, we can not accommodate children under the age of 2 years old on this tour. Exceptions can be discussed for private tours.